Caramelized Banana Oatmeal
Caramelized Banana Oatmeal! Creamy oatmeal with bananas in a maple syrup/coconut oil glaze. No refined sugar!
- 1 cup rolled Quaker oats
- 3 bananas, sliced into rounds
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup real maple syrup
- sprinkle of cinnamon
- dash of vanilla
- sea salt, chocolate chips, and other desired toppings
- Cook the oatmeal according to package directions. For extra awesome creamy oatmeal, cook it in milk!
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the maple syrup, cinnamon, and vanilla, and let it bubble around for a little bit to get incorporated. It should be lightly foamy and bubbly.
- Add bananas and simmer for a few minutes on each side until soft and plump.
- Remove from heat. Stir half of bananas into oatmeal, and reserve the other half for topping. Add other desired toppings, and mwah! Delicious.
- I found that I did not need all the cinnamon caramely sauce in the pan for serving with my oatmeal, but it was the right amount for simmering with the bananas.