Avocado Hummus and Cucumber Pico de Gallo Tostadas
These Avocado Hummus and Cucumber Pico de Gallo Tostadas are a vegetarian delight that can be prepared in only 15 minutes and requires no cooking time.
- FOR THE AVOCADO HUMMUS
- 2 AVOCADOS
- 1 CAN CHICKPEAS DRAINED AND RINSED
- 2 GARLIC CLOVES
- 2 TABLESPOONS LIME JUICE (APPROX. 1 LIME)
- 15-20 SPRIGS CILANTRO
- 1/2 TEASPOON CUMIN
- 1/2 TEASPOON SALT FRESHLY GROUND PEPPER
- 2 TABLESPOONS OLIVE OIL SPLASH OF WATER
- Drain and rinse a can of chickpeas.
- Add chickpeas to a blender or food processor along with the flesh of 2 avocados, 2 garlic cloves, 2 tablespoons lime juice, 15-20 sprigs cilantro (rinsed and bottoms twisted off), 1/2 teaspoon cumin, 1/2 teaspoon salt, freshly ground pepper, and 2 tablespoons of olive oil, Add a splash of water to the blender and blend until combined well. Taste for seasoning.
- For the Cucumber Pico, chop 1/2 cucumber, 1 tomato, 1/4 onion, 1/2 jalapeno pepper, 8-10 sprigs cilantro and combine with ¼ teaspoon salt and the juice of half a lime. Taste for seasoning.
- If using store-bought tostadas, warm them up in the oven for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Add a layer of avocado hummus and cucumber pico de gallo to each tostada.
- Garnish with your choice of hot sauce. Cilantro and cotija cheese are suggested optional toppings.