Black Bean, Corn, and Roasted Red Pepper Lettuce Cups
Looking for a one-bowl, no-cook, no-fuss recipe that’s easy enough for lunch but elegant enough for a dinner party?
- 2 cups frozen roasted corn, thawed
- 1 (15-ounce) can no-salt-added black beans, drained and rinsed (or 1½ cups cooked)
- 1 mango, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup jarred roasted red bell peppers, chopped
- ¼ cup coarsely snipped fresh cilantro
- 1 fresh jalapeño pepper, seeded (if desired) and finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice (from 2 limes)
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 12–16 leaves from romaine lettuce hearts
- ½ avocado, sliced
- Combine the corn, beans, mango, tomatoes, bell peppers, cilantro, jalapeño, garlic, chili powder, and lime zest and juice in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon the bean mixture onto the romaine hearts, and top with the avocado.