EASY NO-BAKE S’MORES BARS
These easy no-bake s’mores are like a cross between cookie dough, fudge, and everyone’s favorite campfire dessert! I’m usually like the last person on the planet to get excited about a no-bake dessert. I love to bake! What’s so hard about turning on the oven?
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (or all-purpose flour)
- 1 teaspoon flaky sea salt (such as fleur de sel) or 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- Line a 13-x-9-inch baking pan with foil or parchment so it extends up the sides and spray lightly with nonstick spray.
- In a stand mixer (or a large bowl with a handheld mixer) beat the butter, sugar, and vanilla until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Beat in the graham cracker crumbs, flour, and salt. Beat in the condensed milk. With a wooden spoon, stir in 1 cup of the chocolate chips and 1 cup of the marshmallows.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared pan and use a spatula to press into an even layer. Sprinkle the surface with the remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips and 11/2 cup marshmallows, pressing gently to adhere. Cover with plastic wrap and chill until firm.
- Use the foil to lift the bars out of the pan in one piece. Cut into small, bite-sized squares. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to five days.