Easy Vegan Alfredo Sauce
For a winning meal, serve this Easy Vegan Alfredo Sauce topped on freshly-cooked pasta. It'll be a surefire hit with a hungry crowd and will take you no time at all. Just 25 minutes! The base is made with cauliflower and cashews which creates and ultra-creamy and luxurious sauce.
- 1 pound cauliflower , cut into florets (about 1 medium head)
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- 4 large cloves garlic , minced
- 1/2 cup raw cashews , unsalted
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth , low sodium
- 1 1/2 cups soy milk , unsweetened (or any plant-based milk)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice , fresh squeezed
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast , more to taste
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion
- 3/4 teaspoon salt , more to taste
- In a large pan or pot (that can be fitted with a lid), heat the butter over medium heat. When melted, add the garlic and saute for 1 minute until lightly browned.
- Add the broth, cauliflower, and cashews. Raise heat to bring to a boil. Now turn heat down to a low simmer and cover with lid. Cook for 10-12 minutes until cauliflower is fork tender. Remove from heat.
- To a high-speed blender, add soy milk, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, granulated onion, salt and the cooked contents from the pan. Blend on high until smooth. Taste for seasoning and add more if needed. Pour mixture back into the pan and cook on medium-low to warm up a bit.
- Nut-free option: Add 1.5 tablespoons of Tapioca Starch/Flour to the blender (along with the soy milk, nutritional yeast, onion, and salt). After blending, return the mixture to the pan over medium heat. Cook for 2-3 minutes until the sauce thickens up.
- This yields enough sauce for 1 pound of pasta. It's perfect with fettuccine noodles! If you decide to use this sauce for pasta, you can boil the water and cook the pasta while you are preparing the Alfredo sauce. Drain the noodles and drizzle them with olive oil to prevent sticking. Add the noodles to the pan of sauce and gently combine. Top with fresh-cut parsley, crushed red pepper flakes, freshly cracked pepper, and Vegan Parmesan Cheese if desired.