Garlic Butter Asparagus Pasta
Garlic Butter Asparagus Pasta – Orzo Pasta and fresh Asparagus tossed in a garlic butter sauce and parmesan cheese. It’s a 20-minute, garlicky, cheesy, and amazing side dish!
- 1 cup dry orzo
- 1- pound fresh asparagus , tips only (cut the asparagus about 2 to 3-inches from the top)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 garlic cloves , minced
- 1/4- cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- shredded parmesan cheese for garnish , optional
- Prepare orzo according to the directions on the package.
- Add the asparagus tips to the orzo the last 2-minutes of cooking.
- Remove from heat and drain.