Hamburger Cauliflower Soup
It’s officially soup season. Yay! It’s been in the thirties and forties this week, so the soup recipes came out and got sorted through. Just when I had decided on one to make, my friend Sherry emailed me a recipe she had recently created for her family.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 Medium Onion (roughly chopped)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (14.5 oz) Can Stewed Tomatoes
- 3 Cups water
- 3 Beef bouillon cubes
- 1/4 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Salt
- 1/2 tsp Basil
- 1 tsp Celery flakes
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1/2 Large Cauliflower head (cut into florets)
- Add the oil to a large pot and turn heat on medium. When oil is hot, saute the onion until almost translucent. Add the hamburger and brown. Drain excess grease. Add the stewed tomatoes, water, bouillon cubes, onion powder, basil, garlic salt, celery flakes and salt and pepper. Simmer on low for about 20 minutes.
- Add cauliflower florets and simmer (very slow simmer) for 1 hour. Salt and pepper to taste.