MOM’S BEST APPLE CAKE
The ingredients for this Mom’s Best Apple Cake are so simple and it comes out perfect every time! This is the only Apple Cake Recipe you will ever need.
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups baking apples, peeled and diced
- Caramel Topping:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- (If you would prefer to add cinnamon to the cake, add 1 tsp to the dry ingredients)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 13x9 in baking pan.
- For the cake:
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the oil, sugar, eggs, and vanilla until well incorporated. Place the flour, salt, and baking soda into a large bowl and swirl together. Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients (oil,sugar,eggs, vanilla) until just incorporated. Stir in the apples.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared baking dish. Bake for 55 – 60 minutes. Cool completely before adding the topping.
- For the topping:
- In a saucepan, combine the butter, brown sugar, and milk. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture boils. Boil without stirring for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and immediately spread over the top of the cooled cake. Let sit for an hour prior to serving.