Muffin Mix Blueberry Streusel Cookies
You see, Mannie, my Border Collie, loves to bark. Barking is his favorite activity, his favorite pasttime, his favorite now-time, and everything in between. Barking is liiiiiiife to him.
One bark, though, and my family jumps into a tizzy. They get mad that he’s barking and all hell breaks loose and there’s this huge issue between the Non-Carers and the Barking Barkers. The Non-Carers (my mom, myself, and sometimes my brother) are very whatever about this subject. Dogs bark, and we get Mannie to stop when it’s out of control. But the Barking Barkers (my sister, my dad) are the ones who bark back at Mannie when he’s barking by yelling at him.
These hearty, soft and pillowy Blueberry Streusel Cookies taste just like blueberry muffin tops and couldn't be simpler to make!
- 1 box blueberry muffin mix (I used Krusteaz)
- ¾ cup old-fashioned oats (not instant)
- ⅓ cup + 2 Tbsp canola or vegetable oil
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 Tbsp milk
- FOR LEMON BUTTER GLAZE:
- 1 &1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- ½ tsp lemon peel
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1-2 Tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with silicone liners or parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the muffin mix - just the dry mix, oats, oil, brown sugar, egg and milk and stir together until a soft dough just barely comes together. Drain and rinse the canned blueberries; gently fold into the dough to combine.
- Portion rounded, heaping Tablespoonfuls of dough onto the prepared baking sheets. Bake for approx. 8-10 minutes, rotating pans halfway through baking time to ensure even cooking. Cool on the sheets completely.
- Meanwhile, make your glaze. Combine all the glaze ingredients except for the milk together in a bowl, only using milk if needed, until smooth and pourable. Glaze the tops of the cookies and let set, about 10 minutes. Then serve!