THE BEST CREPE RECIPE
How to make Crepes is easier than you think! Made with only 6 ingredients this Crepe Recipe is even better than Paris Crepes! Enjoy!
- 4 large eggs
- 2 1/4 cups milk
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter or canola oil
- good pinch of salt
- Place all ingredients in order as listed in a blender and blitz until smooth, about 1 minute. Scrape the sides and blend again briefly until batter is lump-free. Refrigerate at least 1 hour, but 2 is ideal.
- Place nonstick or cast iron skillet over medium to medium-high heat* to preheat. Melt a little butter or oil in the bottom of the pan and swirl to coat. With the hot skillet in one hand and the batter in the other, slowly and steadily pour crepe batter into the center of the pan, tilting the skillet around to spread the batter evenly across the bottom in a very thin layer. It takes some practice but after 3 or 4 times, you can get consistently even crepes.
- After 10-15 seconds, the crepe batter shouldn't look shiny anymore, it should appear more matte and the bottom should be lightly browned. So, flip it over and cook another 10 seconds or so. Remove from pan and repeat this process until no more batter remains.
- I like to pile my crepes into a pie plate covered with some foil throughout the cooking process to keep them all warm, a trick my Mom does. Serve immediately with whatever toppings you desire.