Toll House Brownies
These rich, delectable brownies are filled with miniature chocolate chips and pecan chips. Then they're drizzled with a luscious chocolate glaze. They're terrific for tailgating and holiday parties, potlucks, baby showers and backyard barbecues.
- 2 sticks unsalted butter (1 cup)
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/4 cups UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour (bleached flour toughens baked goods)
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 12 oz. pkg. miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup pecan chips (finely diced pecans)
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white vanilla chips
- Toll House Brownies | Can't Stay Out of the Kitchen | this scrumptious #dessert takes the best of #TollHouse #cookies & puts them in #brownie form. Then a #chocolate icing is drizzled over top. Absolutely mouthwatering. #tailgating
- Cream butter, sugars, extract, eggs, baking soda and salt with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add flour, chocolate chips and pecans and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Spread into a greased 9x13” glass baking dish.
- Pat down and smooth top.
- Bake at 350 approximately 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely before adding chocolate glaze.
- Place chips in a microwaveable glass measuring cup and heat on high heat about 30 seconds.
- Continue microwaving over 100% power in 15-second intervals and stirring after each interval.
- You may need a total of about 1 ½ minutes for the chips to melt down sufficiently.
- Scoop icing into a plastic bag.
- Cut off tip and squeeze icing over top of cooled brownies.