LEMON GARLIC BUTTER SHRIMP WITH ASPARAGUS
Lemon Garlic Butter Shrimp with Asparagus - this is an easy, light and healthy dinner option that is cooked in one pan and can be on your table in 15 minutes. Buttery shrimp and asparagus flavored with lemon juice and garlic. Only 309 calories per serving!
- 1.5 lbs medium raw shrimp (peeled and deveined, tail-on or tail-off)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika (or regular)
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb asparagus
- salt (to taste)
- 2 tbsp parsley
- 1/2 lemon (juiced)
- Place a large non-stick skillet with butter over medium heat. Once melted, add the shrimp. Season with salt and pepper (to taste). Allow to cook 1-2 minutes on one side.
- Add the minced garlic, italian seasoning, onion powder and smoked paprika. Stir to combine and flipping the shrimp to cook on the opposite side.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes or until the shrimp has turned pink. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Combine the butter and olive oil to the same pan. Once the butter has melted, add the asparagus. Season with salt (to taste). Allow to cook until the asparagus is fork-tender. Approximately 4-6 minutes. Time will be dependent on how thick the asparagus is.
- Add the shrimp back to the pan. Squeeze half of a lemon over the top of the shrimp and asparagus. Allow to cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, garnish with parsley and serve immediately.