CAULIFLOWER PATTIES RECIPE
This cauliflower patties recipe is versatile and easy to make. The fritters are vegan, gluten-free, protein-rich, and they’re perfect as a snack, side dish, lunch, dinner or meal prep.
- 1 lbs cauliflower — steamed, drained
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2/3 cup Panko breadcrumbs — you need anywhere between 1/2 cup and 1 cup
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley — optional
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 oz Mozzarella cheese — cut into 16 cubes
- cooking spray
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Line a baking sheet with Silpat (or aluminum foil).
- Cut cauliflower into small florets and steam until tender. (Or cook in boiling water for 10-12 minutes). Drain and squeeze out as much water as you can. Place in a bowl. Mash with a fork or a potato masher.
- Add he eggs, Parmesan, bread crumbs, garlic, salt, pepper and parsley. Stir to combine. If the mixture appears too runny, add more breadcrumbs. If the mixture is too dry add more whisked egg.
- Using a small cookies scoop, form patties. Add a small cube of mozzarella to the inside. Place on the baking sheet.
- Bake for about 10 minutes per side (until golden), carefully turning once.