Dainty and easy-to-make cucumber sandwiches with chive butter. Get step-by-step directions on how to make this simple yet delicious savory. It’s perfect for tea time!
- 4 slices white bread
- 1/4 English cucumber
- 1 tablespoon salted butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons minced chives
- Use a mandoline slicer to cut cucumber into two sizes -- 1/8" and one at the thinnest setting. Get 4 slices of each size.
- Dry sliced cucumbers with paper towels.
- Mix softened butter and minced chives together in small bowl.
- Find a cookie cutter that is the same circumference as the sliced cucumbers and cut eight circles out of the bread. Avoid cutting the crust.
- To assemble, butter one side of bread and top with the 1/8" cucumber slice. Butter another piece of bread and place on top of cucumber, butter-side down.
- Gently fold the thin cucumber slice in half from the center and skewer the folded side into the tea sandwich with a cocktail fork.